August 15, 2009

Sunny San Diego

What a day to be spent at the beach! Eighty-five degree weather without a cloud in the sky! Early this morning the Tunell family were kind enough to take Nick and I down to San Diego. Arriving just after Noon we were beach bums for the rest of the day. The water was a little cold but what I was surprised at was the massive seaweed surrounding the beach. I've never seen seaweed this big! After the beach we headed out to dinner at Edgewater Grill-the food was delicious and the portions were huge. If you're not sure what to get ask for Walter-he'll hook you up with some great suggestions. Lastly, we couldn't come to San Diego and not visit the newest resident of the city-Brendan! We met up with him for drinks and headed to the Gas Lamp District in downtown San Diego. I was completely surprised. I had always thought of San Diego as a beach city and nothing else but I had never imagined the huge nightlife it had as well. There were streets lined with bars and clubs and there lines of people at every spot waiting to get in. We settled at a bar called Maloney's Tavern to catch up. It was great seeing Brendan and I know he's going to have an amazing time here! All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by San Diego. My interpretations of this town were way off and I definitely loved my stay here. Now we're mid-way through with our trip but we definitely feel that our glass is half-full-we're excited for the northern trek back home!




2 comments:

  1. Wow i cant believe you two are already to california. hope you ahd a fun time with brendan! you guys have been gone to long now so please drive a little faster on the way back. i love the video of the car getting pulled out of the sand.... classic! miss you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh i forgot to tell you kelly mandy and i are buying our tickets to the kings of leon concert. it is sept 8 let me know if you want to go and ill grab you a ticket as well. (do you like how i use the correct are and our... well i think i did)

    ReplyDelete