August 21, 2009

Chi-Town

Yesterday Nick and I spent the day in downtown Chicago. The city was beautiful, even if we didn't have the best weather at times. We stayed at the James Hotel, a modern boutique hotel in the Magnificent Mile-Chicago's Fifth Avenue. We wandered down to the Navy Pier to see the lake and eat some delicious deep-dish pizza. From there we went to Willis Tower, formerly the Sears Tower. We went up to the famous Sky Deck, 1,353 feet in the air. Nick and I reluctantly went on the newly built ledges, fully enclosed glass ledges overlooking the city. The view was breathtaking but it was one of the scariest things I've done. It was fifteen dollars per person but it also included a short film of Chicago's history so it was worth the money. It was very crowded for a Thursday afternoon so I wouldn't recommend going on the weekend. For dinner we went to Niu, a sushi fusion restaurant-it was the best sushi I've had! For the night we traveled to Wrigleyville, an area by Wrigleyfield with streets lined with bars. The bars were packed but the prices were right and all in all it was a great night. Nick and I fell in love with the Windy City and we were sad to leave but now we're in Pittsburgh, my mom's hometown, to visit family and show Nick around town. It's our last stop on our road trip so we're going to make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment