August 19, 2009

One Mile Above Sea Level

Nick and I spent last night in Denver, the Mile High City. Upon arriving we visited the Coors Brewery in Golden, CO just outside Denver. We took a 30-minute tour which gave us an inside look on how Coors beers are brewed. The tour was free and at the end we were able to taste some freshly-brewed beers including my favorite-Blue Moon (to think we were going to pass on taking this tour). From there we went to eat at Wynkoop, a legendary brewery/restaurant in downtown Denver. The food was unbelievable and the beers were pretty good as well. We also took time to visit the historic part of Denver. We stopped by the Capitol Building as well as viewing the beautiful Denver Art Museum. On our way out we stopped by City Park, a beautiful park near the Denver Zoo with a lake and a beautiful view of the city. Denver was awesome, my only regret was not staying another day. Now we're at a pit stop in Kansas City, MO before we head out to Chicago. Although we're leaving early tomorrow morning we did manage to get some fabulous BBQ at Arthur Bryant's Restaurant. This incredibly famous restaurant is a favorite of the stars including Steven Spielberg and I can tell why. I'm not an expert but this was the best BBQ I have ever eaten. This simple restaurant is legendary and one of my new favorites. For the night, Kansas City, tomorrow on to the Windy City.


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Very nice pictures, Lauren. Makes me want to take to the open road, too!! I love these kinds of trips. All the best to you and Nick. Continue to have great fun, stay cautious and watchful of your surroundings. Have a safe trip back home.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete