August 8, 2009

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I have fallen in love and her name is Charleston. This town is way more picturesque that I had imagined. Luckily our hotel is on Meeting St. so we're right in the belly of the beast. We stopped at Sticky Fingers for lunch and I would recommend this BBQ haven to anyone. Best baked beans I've ever had! The rest of the day we spent wandering around Historic Charleston. My favorites so far have been Rainbow Row, the graveyard at St. Phillips Episcopal Church, and The Battery (tiny mansions right on the Bay). But what really makes this town special are the residential streets. Nick and I walked around the local neighborhoods for over an hour and saw almost no cars nor pedestrians. It is like a small little oasis. I found the aged yet beautiful homes so inviting. I am ready to move!
Tonight we will try our best to go to Hymans Seafood Restaurant. It supposed to be amazing food but every time we've walked past, there has been a line around the block. Wish us luck. Our plan of action for the night is to find a good bar with live music and from what we've heard, that won't be hard to find. Charleston has been lovely so far...can't wait for tonight. I've posted some pictures from the day. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Best baked beans ever!!! Even better than your mother's?? I'm crushed! But I agree, they were pretty darn good!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete